Born a Crime - Ch.3

After a few more weeks, it's Chuseok Korea. During Chuseok, families gather around, give their thanks to their ancestors, and eat insane amount of food. But where does all the food come from? During big holidays in Korea, such as New Years day or Chuseok, women carries a lot of weight on their shoulders. When I visit my grandfather's house during Chuseok, I see the same thing every time. While my mom and aunts are cooking food in the kitchen for hours, men mostly sit around watching TV or sleeping. As I grew older, I found myself cooking in the kitchen, too. The holiday wouldn't function without women. In chapter 3 of Born a Crime, similar situations are shown. It's main theme is people's dependence to religion, and the importance of women's presence in life. Trevor, Pray in Born a Crime describes Trevor's life surrounded by women. They were very religious, and prayed in different houses. When women were praying, men went out to shebeens for a drink. And we could see that Trevor was influenced by women and religion. 


Comments

  1. The pic made me easier to understand, and I like your writing structure where you combined your experience & summary together in a paragraph o( ̄▽ ̄)d

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wrote this really well and smoothly..!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment