Born a Crime - Ch. 7

 Summary & Theme

    When Trevor moved, he got two puppies: Panther and Fufi. Panther would come when Trevor called him, but Fufi didn't.  That's why Trevor and his mom thought Fufi was dumb, and Panther was smart. One day, when Trevor didn't go to school, he noticed a bizarre thing.  Fufi jumped over the gate, and went to another house that called him Spotty. Trevor got in fight with the kid, but later, Trevor's mom had to pay them to get Fufi back. Later when Fufi died, Trevor and his mom finally knew that he wasn't stupid, but deaf. Even though Trevor knew Fufi from when he was born, there were things he didn't know. I think that the theme of this chapter is that even if you knew something or someone long enough, there are still secrets.

My Experience

    Our family is not Christian, so we didn't celebrate Christmas. We just stayed at home and spend it just like a normal weekend. Until I was 6 year old, I knew Christmas as a day that I don't have to go to school. But, there was a small Christmas party in my kindergarten. Guess what I found out. Families exchange presents during Christmas. That made me see Christmas in a whole knew light. I could get presents on children's day, my birthday, AND Christmas. When I told that to my parents, they said we don't do that stuff because we're not Christian. Last year, we made a new tradition. We do a 1000 piece puzzle together on Christmas Eve, and leave others alone no matter what on Christmas.


Comments

Post a Comment